“What is popular is not always right. What is right is not always popular.” Back in the late 1980s and early 1990s, this sign was posted in my offices and/or at my desk when I worked in school safety departments. It reflected my rather well known “political incorrectness” in speaking my mind and speaking the […]
Enter your email address to subscribe to Ken's blog:
Ken Trump’s Blog
- “Dancing with the Devil”: How some education associations and school safety conference organizers are selling their souls and conference agendas to security vendors — and potentially increasing school safety and liability risks for superintendents and school boards
- Mother of Oxford school shooter found guilty of involuntary manslaughter. Landmark? Yes. Precedent for all future school shootings? Probably not.
- Why voluminous school emergency/crisis templates are setting up school leaders for disaster – and why the absence of engaged school emergency/crisis teams is inexcusable
- Managing student fights at school: Strategic school safety planning for fight prevention and response
- Dr. Ken Trump’s school safety, security, and emergency preparedness forecast for 2024