Dr. Kenneth S. Trump provides experienced, accessible, timely and quality expert services to plaintiff and defense attorneys on preK-12 school safety and security litigation cases. He is experienced with school active shooter and other wrongful deaths, violent assaults with serious injuries, rape and other sexual assaults, and other school crime, violence, security, crisis/emergency preparedness, and related cases.
Ken is an experienced speaker, teacher, news commentator and personal communicator on school safety, security and emergency preparedness issues.
Experienced, Credentialed, and Credible School Security and Emergency Preparedness Expert Witness
Ken served as an officer, investigator and gang unit supervisor for the Cleveland City Schools’ safety division, and as a suburban school security director and assistant gang task force director. During his more than 30 years in school safety he trained and consulted with school and public safety officials from 50 states and internationally.
Ken earned a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree from the Johns Hopkins University School of Education with a research focus on the intersection of school administrator strategic crisis leadership with school safety communications in highly ambiguous and uncertain contexts. Ken also earned Master of Public Administration and Bachelor of Social Services (Criminal Justice Concentration) degrees from Cleveland State University, and he has more than 2,500 hours of specialized training. He is the author, co-author and/or editor of three books, five book chapters and 450 articles on school safety. He appears regularly in national and international news.
Ken is a four-time invited Congressional witness on school safety and emergency preparedness, and testified on bullying to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. He has also presented on school security and emergency/crisis preparedness to the Sandy Hook Advisory Commission, New Jersey School Security Task Force, Oklahoma Commission on School Security, Education Commission of the States, Council of State Governments, National Governors Association, National Lieutenant Governors Association, National Association of Attorneys General, FBI National Academy, Department of Defense Education Activity, National School Boards Association, and others.
Expert Witness and Litigation Consulting Services
Testifying and/or Non-Testifying Services may include, but not be limited to:
Case Evaluation: A review of facts and issues with recommendations for further action on the case. Deposition reviews and evaluation of opposing expert reports.
Case Consultation: Advice on potential action, pleadings, discovery, public records searches, deposition questioning, and related case work
Testifying School Safety Expert Witness: Preparation of expert reports, deposition testifying, and trial testifying
Ken’s services can help plaintiff and defense attorneys evaluate and focus their approach to a case, potentially saving attorneys and clients thousands of dollars and time in unnecessary efforts.
School Safety and Security Expert Witness Areas of Expertise
Ken is experienced with school active shooter and other wrongful deaths, violent assaults with serious injuries, rape and other sexual assaults, and other school safety cases.
Related issues might include:
- PreK-12 school crime, violence and serious disciplinary incidents
- School safety, security, and emergency/crisis preparedness, regulations and procedures
- Crisis and emergency preparedness plans, teams, first responder relations
- Employee school safety, security, emergency preparedness and related training
- Crisis / emergency drills and exercises
- Security and threat assessments
- Physical security (access control, visitor management, fencing, lighting, communications, etc.)
- Cameras, metal detectors and other security equipment
- Special event and athletic security and emergency preparedness
- Threat assessment, management, and response
- School security and police department operations
- Hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of school security officers, guards and school police
- School bus transportation security
- Crime and incident reporting
- Personnel security
- Student child abductions, non-custodial parents
- Visitor management, access control, and related security protocols
- Safety, security and emergency preparedness issues in before-school, after-school, summer school, pre-school, child care, and related youth and educational service programs
For Additional Information or to Discuss a Case
A biographical summary for Kenneth S. Trump, Ed.D., is available on this site. Additional background information, along with expert witness services fee information, may be obtained by e-mail or by calling (216) 251-3067.
Note: Dr. Kenneth S. Trump’s name, biographical information, company name and/or any other information related to him or his services may not be used in any litigation case matters without a formal contract for services having been executed between him and contracting legal counsel. This includes naming him as an expert on a case when such services have not been formally contracted.