Monday’s shooting at Sparks Middle School in Nevada ended with the tragic death of a math teacher and the student/shooter, and the injury of two other students. The teacher, Michael Landberry, a Marine and National Guard member who served multiple tours in Afghanistan, reportedly intervened in an effort to get the shooter to put down […]
Enter your email address to subscribe to Ken's blog:
Ken Trump’s Blog
- Are superintendents and school boards flying blind when buying school security technology and products? A leading AI weapons detection company is reportedly facing two federal investigations. But would school leaders even know when questions exist about school security vendors?
- “Dancing with the Devil”: How some education associations and school safety conference organizers are selling their souls and conference agendas to security vendors — and potentially increasing school safety and liability risks for superintendents and school boards
- Mother of Oxford school shooter found guilty of involuntary manslaughter. Landmark? Yes. Precedent for all future school shootings? Probably not.
- Why voluminous school emergency/crisis templates are setting up school leaders for disaster – and why the absence of engaged school emergency/crisis teams is inexcusable
- Managing student fights at school: Strategic school safety planning for fight prevention and response