“The most vulnerable Americans in the most vulnerable settings are made more vulnerable because of government inaction.” Mark Shriver, Senior Vice President, U.S. Programs, Save the Children This quote from a recently released document entitled, “A National Report Card on Protecting Children During Disasters,” pretty much says it all. In fairness, the report reflects movement […]
Enter your email address to subscribe to Ken's blog:
Ken Trump’s Blog
- Are superintendents and school boards flying blind when buying school security technology and products? A leading AI weapons detection company is reportedly facing two federal investigations. But would school leaders even know when questions exist about school security vendors?
- “Dancing with the Devil”: How some education associations and school safety conference organizers are selling their souls and conference agendas to security vendors — and potentially increasing school safety and liability risks for superintendents and school boards
- Mother of Oxford school shooter found guilty of involuntary manslaughter. Landmark? Yes. Precedent for all future school shootings? Probably not.
- Why voluminous school emergency/crisis templates are setting up school leaders for disaster – and why the absence of engaged school emergency/crisis teams is inexcusable
- Managing student fights at school: Strategic school safety planning for fight prevention and response